Words inside blue square brackets [ ] are not part of the authors writings and have been added by the Editor of the website.
At times, this practice does not represent the thinking of the author and may leave the impression that the writer is saying or meaning something which he didnt say or mean at all!
However, it is my primary concern to be faithful to unpopular and often unheard teachings of Christ no matter what the cost:-
It was no easy matter for Caleb and Joshua to stand out against the other ten spies. For six weeks these men had been their close companions. No doubt to many of them they were under obligations. Indeed the dangers of the work in which they had been engaged would tend to foster the spirit of comradeship in quite an exceptional degree. It was not easy then, when the time for giving the report came, for the two men to contradict the ten, and to recommend a course the opposite of theirs. It is never easy to break away from ones own set, but that at times we must be prepared to do if we would live to any purpose. Many go down to destruction simply because they cannot say no. (See The Teachers Guide.)
He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in his truth (Psa. 96: 13b).
The editor believes many Scriptural doctrines are ether being ignored or misinterpreted today. These are:-
(1) The Intermediate Place and State of the Soul in Hades - from the time of Death until the time of Resurrection, (Acts 2: 27; Matthew 16: 18; Luke 16: 23, 31. cf. Revelation 6: 9-11; Hebrews 11: 35b; 40.)
(2) A Selective Resurrection of Reward - for those only: Considered worthy of taking part in that Age, (Luke 20: 35); cf. Luke 14: 14; Philippians 3: 11; Heb. 11: 35b; Rev. 20: 4-6.
(3) A Selective Rapture (or translation) of Saints - able to escape all that is about to happen, (Luke 21: 36) cf. Rev. 3: 10.
(4) Entrance into The Kingdom of the Heaven[s] Conditional. That is, to those only whose personal righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and teachers of the law, (Matthew 5: 20, N.I.V.). 1 Cor. 6: 9, 10; Gal. 5: 13: 21; Eph. 5: 3-7).
Unity of the Redeemed From All Ages.
That is, all who are called out of the world by the Holy Spirit are true
members of the
(6) Christs Bride is taken out from amongst the members of His Body. That is, those selected to rule and reign with Him are taken out of the Body (Gen. 2; 22, 23), which is the Church - the redeemed members of His family, (Gen. 24.). In Revelation, the Bride of Christ is described as having Made herself ready by righteous acts and invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb (Rev. 19: 7, 8) they represent a SELECTION of saints, taken out from a previous selection, to rule with Christ during His millennium.
(7) The threat of loosing the crown of life (Rev. 2: 10), which is not the loss of eternal life - the free gift of God (Rom. 6: 23, R.V.), but the loss of life with Christ and all other overcomers in the Age to come, Rev. 3: 21; 20: 5. cf. Rev. 20: 15; Jas. 1: 12; Matt. 16: 25; 19: 17; Luke 22: 28.).
The editor believes that if he were to compromise in any way, with what he firmly believes to be the plain teachings of Christ and His Apostles, his actions would be detrimental to his stewardship at the Judgment Seat of Christ, (2 Cor. 5: 10; 1 Cor. 4: 2) - hence his use of additional words inside square [ blue ] brackets.
He is also aware of his need of a clear and true understanding and interpretation of other statements of Christ, His prophets and apostles: even Peter found some of Pauls teachings difficult to understand! But if we neglect to make use of what we are certain of having received from the Holy Spirit of Truth, we may lose what we presently hope to receive - (not the salvation we share, [Jude 3]) - but the future salvation of our souls (1 Pet. 1: 13, 9,), which will be revealed in the last time (verse 5).
Yours in His service,